zaterdag 11 december 2010

Wateringen, Molen van Wateringen! Mill, Wateringen!

A mill called 'Windlust', Wateringen!

The flour mill was established in 1869,
replacing an earlier wipkorenmill at the
same place, established in 1326.
In 1930 the wind power was turned off
and the mill felt into disrepair.
In 1969 the mill was purchased by
"Friends of the Water Mill". On May 1, 1972
the restoration was completed and the
mill was back into use, with only one
pair of stones. 
Below the mill is a store located, where
flour of the mill is sold.